Real Time Web Analytics

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

In the Beginning | Civilization 5 Giant Earth Map Nigeria Prologue

Hey guys, AfricanManBeast here. This will be my first after report of the first part of my GIANT EARTH MAP TSL (TRUE STARTING LOCATION) as the one and only Nigeria.

**The reason why this is a prologue is because the first part video file got corrupted so this post won't have pictures** :(

I started off on the coast thankfully. My capital was the wonderful city of Lagos (although it wasn't my most valuable city later in the game). My plan was to quickly scout west of my capital and to explore southern Africa to see if Shaka was there. Almost automatically I met...




GHANA!

His capital was literally like 5-6 tiles away from mine, which meant that I had to take him out first in order to pursue my eventual conquest of Africa. This wouldn't be easy however since the terrain where I started was mostly jungle, so I needed to make a lot of units as well as some siege and range units like archers and catapults if I want to reduce the casualties.

I eventually took at the capital, Kumasi, it turns out that the sneaky guy settled another city west of his capital so I quickly took out that city and destroyed his civilization.




I was excited, I was getting high off of conquest. I set my sights towards expanding east, since north of my starting location were the Songhai and Carthage. I wanted to wait until I was more developed to take them on. Also, North Africa wasn't as important to me at that moment, I wanted to establish control of Central Africa but someone had already settled 4 CITIES in the heart of Africa.


ETHIOPIA




That dang Haile Selassie, it's as if he didn't understand his own civilization's unique ability.
I wanted to prevent any further expansion from him so I settled 3 cities, Kano and Ibadan, northeast of my capital, and Abuja, near present-day Cameroon. Kano and Ibadan were my production powerhouses, Abuja was my other reliable coastal city (although poor in production in the beginning) and served as a base to launch my land invasion of the Ethiopian Empire....

This was all that had happened in the video file that got corrupted, but there's going to be an official Part I published very soon so watch out to read about my epic fail of an invasion of the Ethiopian Empire!

Noobs will be noobs am I right?


No comments:

Post a Comment