Real Time Web Analytics

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Hearts of Iron: Germany Rises Pt.1

Hello, (three people who've randomly stumbled upon this website) I have recently started to play some Hearts of Iron 4 and I wanted to catalogue my first hour of gameplay. All of this was done in Ironman mode (I do not have The Together for Victory DLC)

When I entered the game, I decided to play Germany because not only was it recommended for new players of the game (noobs if you prefer) but I also wanted to play as the aggressor. For some background last time I played HOI4 as Germany, Anschluss failed in 1937 and the Allies guaranteed Austria so I proceeded to start WWII two years early. In the end, WWII lasted till 1947, the USA formed the Silver Legion and was on the Axis side, and the world was completely Fascist. That game made me think that all HOI4 games were 10+ hours long but now it is my goal not to make the war last forever like that time.(Both this game and that game were ahistorical)

So now that background is done I got into the game and proceeded to do my typical start game stuff. First I set up the Polish front....




 I couldn't set up my French or Benelux Front because of stupid Treaty of Versailles so first I went for the Rhineland National Policy,


In the meantime, I did not simply twiddle my thumbs, no, I was working on my long term play. I like to call it: Project Red, White, and Orange (lame I know).....





 So after that was done I proceeded to do train more troops so I could work towards getting Anschluss (Requires a certain amount of fielded troops).

A few months later, My National policy was finished and I was ready to actually start thinking of my Western Front....




I made my Battleplan Instructions for the French Front and in the interest of not spreading my armies too thin, I made no other individual front. I might make a Benelux Front in the future if the German War Machine is ready for it.




Because Anschluss was not available and I wanted the predicament in Asia to play out before choosing sides, I went for Army Innovations. My playstyle is to use a bunch of planes and throw a ton of heavy/superheavy tanks at the enemy until it eventually crushes them (I love tanks!). So you can probably figure out what Land Doctrine I'm going for...






In order to solidify Italia-Germanic relations (or whatever they're called), I created a non-aggression pact between Italy and Germany.



The political power rained on me in abundance, so I went and selected two political advisors. I wanted to increase my political power gain to offset the losses from Project Red, White, and Orange. I also viewed the ideological drift defense as a way to protect against the off chance that an Allied Power would want to play political games, so I choose the following advisors...






Days later, I finish Army Innovations and proceed to begin to draw up an agreement with the USSR. My plan with that is to destroy the Allies, take Poland, then when our borders touch and Democracy is dealt with to take care of Comintern


.

I focused my research on techs that pertained to my war style and it ended up with me going with Radio so I can get a ledger-style read on the enemy, a heavy fighter design for air superiority and the like, an upgrade to the oil production plant, and the first idea in Mass Assault Doctrine.



Fast forward a month and the Spanish Civil War kicks off and then I say to myself, "Well Realfail, It's been an hour and a war you can be involved in has kicked off, better go congratulate yourself with some celebration chocolate!" Because of how much I wanted that sweet sweet celebration chocolate (and the onset of a war I can volunteer forces into) I called it a wrap.



Thank you guys for reading, and until next time, I've been Realfail and this is Noobventures

No comments:

Post a Comment