Real Time Web Analytics

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Soul-Heart Magearna in Doubles is OP! + Fun Singles Anything Goes

Pokemon Showdown today was REALLY fun! Partly because I used this go big or go home Magearna doubles team. It definitely was more of a troll team than a competitive team really. Those that had good counters usually won but anyone who wasn't prepared got WRECKED



This Pokemon has such a useful ability if protected properly. For those who don't know, Magearna has "Soul-Heart" which, according to the Pokemon Database, "raises the bearer's Special Attack one stage when a teammate faints. The general strategy is to use protect on Magearna first turn and try and rack up some SpA buffs before spamming Dazzling Gleam. Once it works, you can't help but get all giddy.




 

Here's the team if you're interested. It's lackluster because I got lazy towards the end of team-building but feel free to modify your team however you want:

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Gigalith @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Explosion

Voltorb @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion

Solosis @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Explosion

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Psycho Cut

Exeggutor-Alola @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Dragon Hammer
- Bullet Seed

My apologies for the lack of full battles, as you can see a lot of people forfeited because of how trolly my team was.

Of course I did do some semi-competitive battling. Keep in mind I'm not really the super competitive player, I like to use Pokemon that I like and add my own twist to some things.

Again, some people did end up forfeiting, as always (Beware, some salt is coming through):

 
I also got my butt handed to me on some occasions. I always try to accept defeat like a man.



In this particular game, I felt as if my opponent would continue to stall his win so I just gave him a gg and forfeited.



I managed to get a 6-0 with Alolan Muk so I was pretty happy:



This was definitely the highlight of the game. It was a close battle and a mistake eventually caught me on the losing end. Although it seemed hopeless, I managed to make a comeback with choice-scarfed Kartana. I was on the verge of winning when this salty player decides to timer-stall!




Honestly I don't take well to people who timer stall so I really tried to not rage at him. Oh well, I won anyway. What was funny was that he thought that because he disconnected, his ranking won't fall (boy was he wrong).

In the end, it was a fun Showdown session. I'm really looking forward for more battles and creating different teams for next time. Here's the team I used for Anything Goes if you're interested:

Pelipper @ Wacan Berry  
Ability: Drizzle  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA  
Bold Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Hurricane  
- Stockpile  
- Roost  
- Hydro Pump  

Mudsdale @ Leftovers  
Ability: Stamina  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD  
Impish Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Roar  
- Rest  
- Sleep Talk  

Kartana @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Beast Boost  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Leaf Blade  
- X-Scissor  
- Smart Strike  
- Sacred Sword  

Muk-Alola @ Black Sludge  
Ability: Poison Touch  
EVs: 180 HP / 76 Atk / 252 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Curse  
- Shadow Sneak  
- Rest  
- Poison Jab  

Salazzle @ Air Balloon  
Ability: Corrosion  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe  
Hasty Nature  
- Toxic  
- Venoshock  
- Encore  
- Fake Out  

Lycanroc-Midnight @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Keen Eye  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Swords Dance  
- Sucker Punch  
- Rock Slide  

Feel free to take it and modify it to fit your preferences. If you have any suggestions on what I should do with my team feel free to ask, I need all the help I can get, I am trash after all.

Noobs will be noobs am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment