Real Time Web Analytics

Monday, February 20, 2017

My Experience in Arena 4

Hey guys, AfricanManBeast here! If you haven't checked it out, also made a post a short while back today detailing my experience in Arena 3. Although Arena 3, Barbarian Bowl, was quite dull, Arena 4, Pekka's Playhouse, certainly was not. In Pekka's Playhouse, there was certainly a wider variety of decks that I came across.

People were also at much higher levels, making it much harder for me to get my troops to the tower without completely being annihilated by crown towers. Also, spells such as fireball also had less effect on troops that if on level, would kill/leave at low HP such as the Musketeer, Wizard etc (I fear the day when my fireball won't be able to kill a Minion Horde)

In this arena, since there were more cards at my disposal, I actually tried out different decks, although Giant, Musketeer, Witch was something that I never removed from my deck since they were so crucial to my strategy. In the end, only one deck really worked for me:






Fireball: Pretty self-explanatory. The fireball I only use when I need to take out a group of units. I also like to use preemptive fireball strikes eg. Hitting a Musketeer or Wizard when it's next to the King Tower

Tombstone: I replaced the Cannon for the Tombstone because I think the Tombstone is better defensively. A Lvl 1 Cannon doesn't do much damage so it wasn't really of use for me other than distracting troops like the hog. The Tombstone, however, is great for pressure, not to mention, it stops a charging Prince, something the Cannon won't do as efficiently.

Valkyrie: Skeleton army, 'Nuff said.Just kidding. Great for AoE damage, I'm a sucker for that. She kind of reminds me of Garen's "E" move from League of Legends. She's quite a tank too, so I also use her as a meat shield for when I'm pushing. What I love to do is place a Valkyrie so that a Baby Dragon targets her instead of my crown tower hehe.

Skeleton Army: Overwhelm opponent once they've used their arrow or bomber/Valkyrie is out of cycle. My strategy was to put a tank in the back like the Valkyrie or Giant and wait for my opponent's response. If they don't respond, I support the tank with a musketeer or another hard hitter such as knight (well, not really hard hitting) and a troop that deals with swarms such as the bomber. In general, it's a great distractor and a SERIOUS threat if there's no check for it
Witch:

Giant: THIS IS MY WIN CONDITION. Without Giant, I'm pretty much screwed. It's a massive tank that just targets the crown tower, nothing else. If left unchecked this freaking beast can take out a tower all by itself. Shove this meaty thing in front of a lane and back it up with a Musketeer and Valkyrie and you've got yourself a tower. This thing saves my life; Baby Dragons whimper at the sight of one of these behemoths marching towards their crown tower.

Musketeer: Musketeer is a must-have in my opinion. It's a troop that targets both ground and air and deals serious damage if ignored. She's great at taking out tanks, albeit it takes a while if she's alone. This hard-hitter is so valuable I even UPGRADED it to make it stronger. Woot Woot! Then I realized a fireball still kills her since people upgrade their cards too...

Goblin Barrel: These Lvl 6 Goblins deal so much damage if left unchecked and were crucial for a lot of my wins. People tend to kind of panic when they see me throw a Goblin Barrel at them. I don't blame them; honestly, having a tank sponge up the King Tower's attack while the Goblins just chip away is a nightmare.

**I experimented with Tesla. Cool card, but not the best for me at the moment, GREAT at stopping Balloon**

I certainly drew more losses. The main reason though is because I underestimate the HP of certain troops when they're LEVELED (ex. Mini Pekka;().

Not to mention a lot of the players I faced had such high crown tower levels. I actually faced a Lvl 8 before!

In short, though, a lot of the battles involved me making a comeback by the opponent "underestimating" me. It's funny too. They through a Goblin Barrel at my crown tower to troll and I end up just 3-crowning them, it's so sweet.

Here's the usual video compilation of some of my Arena 4 battles. There you will also see the Lvl 8 player that I mentioned earlier. (EDIT: It might not be there since some of the videos got corrupted)




I hope you all enjoy it. Now that I'm in Arena 5, Spell Valley, I hope things change for once with such different cards (Wizard...) and higher Lvl players. I think I'll be fine, just kidding I won't the thought of going against zap scares me.

Noobs will be noobs am I right?




No comments:

Post a Comment