Real Time Web Analytics

Monday, February 20, 2017

My Experience in Arena 3

Hey guys! AfricanManBeast here; I have been playing clash on my laptop for so long that I eventually reached PEKKA's Playground, although unfortunately I had accidentally claimed experience points from an achievement and reached Lvl 2. That doesn't matter, however, this post is going to be describing my experience in Arena 3, Barbarian Bowl.

There was not that big of a skill jump when reaching Barbarian Bowl from Bone Pitt. Although I was facing against tougher opponents, I relatively won most of my matches with ease. With a wider variety of cards, however, it was harder for me to counter the new cards that came with reaching Barbarian Bowl. Especially the rocket, which took almost all my troops except for Giant and Valkyrie, although leaving it at such low health.

Here's my deck:





My deck generally served the same purpose:

Witch: I was so happy to have this card. I love the Witch. It's so good on defense: good for taking out tanks like Giants or stalling cards like the Mini-Pekka and Giant Skeleton. I also like to put a pitch behind a Giant as support as I push down a lane. Not to mention that she has a decent amount of HP so I don't have to worry about a Lvl 2 Fireball taking her out. The only downside to her is that her attacks aren't able to one-shot skeletons; skeletons are very common in these lower arenas, but I guess it doesn't bother me as much.

Cannon: I replaced the Mini-Pekka for the cannon. It can distract, take a few blows and has a pretty decent offense. Honestly, though, I want to know your opinion, do you think the Lvl 1 Cannon is superior to Lvl 1 Mini-Pekka? Probably not since the Mini-Pekka is a rare card but I want to know what you think.

Valkyrie: Skeleton army, 'Nuff said.
Just kidding. Great for AoE damage, I'm a sucker for that. She kind of reminds me of Garen's "E" move from League of Legends. She's quite a tank too, so I also use her as a meat shield for when I'm pushing. What I love to do is place a Valkyrie so that a Baby Dragon targets her instead of my crown tower hehe.

Skeleton Army: Overwhelm opponent once they've used their arrow or bomber/Valkyrie is out of cycle. My strategy was to put a tank in the back like the Valkyrie or Giant and wait for my opponent's response. If they don't respond, I support the tank with a musketeer or another hard hitter such as knight (well, not really hard hitting) and a troop that deals with swarms such as the bomber. In general, it's a great distractor and a SERIOUS threat if there's no check for it

Fireball: When I'm playing badly/being a noob and someone is pushing me. 1 Fireball later and their troops get obliterated (except for Giants and Valkyrie etc. of course)

Giant: THIS IS MY WIN CONDITION. Without Giant, I'm pretty much screwed. It's a massive tank that just targets the crown tower, nothing else. If left unchecked this freaking beast can take out a tower all by itself. Shove this meaty thing in front of a lane and back it up with a Musketeer and Valkyrie and you've got yourself a tower. This thing saves my life; Baby Dragons whimper at the sight of one of these behemoths marching towards their crown tower.

Musketeer: Musketeer is a must-have in my opinion. It's a troop that targets both ground and air and deals serious damage if ignored. She's great at taking out tanks, albeit it takes a while if she's alone. This hard-hitter is so valuable I even UPGRADED it to make it stronger. Woot Woot! Then I realized a fireball still kills her...

Minions: I only use Minions to kill off leftover troops that can't attack air. I also use it to distract a Musketeer from attacking the crown tower. Other than that, I don't really use nor think of the Minions.

Here is a short compilation of some of my battles I had in Arena 3. Arena 3 was quite dull (albeit Clash Royale games are always exciting in my opinion), nothing was really noteworthy.




That's all, stay tuned, a double post on my experience in Arena 4, Pekka's Playhouse is coming soon!

Noobs will be noobs am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment