Real Time Web Analytics

Thursday, January 26, 2017

My Experience in Arena 2

Arena 2 is different from Arena 1, that's for sure... 

Although still filled with inexperienced players, there were some tough nuts that I couldn't get through. Though, most of my losses did come from facing over-leveled players whose Spear Goblins + Archers threatened to take out my crown tower.

Here's my sad deck:



It was pretty hard to work with this deck. Although effective, I didn't personally like it, and of course one is more likely to preform worse if they don't like what they do; in this case, what deck I'm using (I'm still salty that I didn't get a Prince ;( )...


Witch: I was so happy to have this card. I love the Witch. It's so good on defense: good for taking out tanks like Giants or stalling cards like the Mini-Pekka and Giant Skeleton. I also like to put a pitch behind a Giant as support as I push down a lane. Not to mention that she has a decent amount of HP so I don't have to worry about a Lvl 2 Fireball taking her out. The only downside to her is that her attacks aren't able to one-shot skeletons; skeletons are very common in these lower arenas, but I guess it doesn't bother me as much.

Mini-Pekka: I always neglect this card for some reason but the Mini-Pekka is a nice card. The only reason why I have it in my deck though is because I didn't like the other cards in comparison. It hits hard, but I just prefer other cards over this honestly.


Current decks so far. I know, it's sad *cries*

Valkyrie: Skeleton army, 'Nuff said.
Just kidding. Great for AoE damage, I'm a sucker for that. She kind of reminds me of Garen's "E" move from League of Legends. She's quite a tank too, so I also use her as a meat shield for when I'm pushing. What I love to do is place a Valkyrie so that a Baby Dragon targets her instead of my crown tower hehe.

Skeleton Army: Overwhelm opponent once they've used their arrow or bomber/Vakyrie is out of cycle. My strategy was to put a tank in the back like the Valkyrie or Giant and wait for my opponent's response. If they don't respond, I support the tank with a musketeer or another hard hitter such as knight (well, not really hard hitting) and a troop that deals with swarms such as the bomber. In general it's a great distractor and a SERIOUS threat if there's no check for it

Fireball: When I'm playing badly/being a noob and someone is pushing me. 1 Fireball later and their troops get obliterated (except for Giants and Valkyrie etc. of course)

Giant: THIS IS MY WIN CONDITION. Without Giant I'm pretty much screwed. It's a massive tank that just targets the crown tower, nothing else. If left unchecked this freaking beast can take out a tower all by itself. Shove this meaty thing in front of a lane and back it up with a Musketeer and Valkyrie and you've got yourself a tower. This thing saves my life; Baby Dragons whimper at the sight of one of these behemoths marching towards their crown tower.

Musketeer: Musketeer is a must-have in my opinion. It's a troop that targets both ground and air and deals serious damage if ignored. She's great at taking out tanks, albeit it takes a while if she's alone. This hard-hitter is so valuable I even UPGRADED it to make it stronger. Woot Woot! Then I realized a fireball still kills her...

Minions: I only use Minions to kill off leftover troops that can't attack air. I also use it to distract a Musketeer from attacking the crown tower. Other than that, I don't really use nor think of the Minions.


Here's a small compilation of the battles I had in Arena 2. Some were well-fought:




 I do apologize for not having more losses in there.

Before I finish, I just wanted to point something. in that 2nd battle, if I hadn't put my Musketeer there and focused on defending my King's tower, I'm almost sure I would've won. Oh well, I lost and that's that.

Noobs will be noobs am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment